Polish Rice Cake16 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“An old Polish recipe made with cream cheese and rice.” - by shirleyo
Original recipe yields 1 -9x13 inch cake
- Combine rice, milk and salt in a saucepan and cook slowly until liquid is absorbed. Stir frequently.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese. Cream well with wooden spoon.
- In another bowl combine eggs, half and half, and vanilla. Add to creamed mixture and blend well.
- Stir in the cooled rice mixture and mix well. Add the flour and blend well. Stir in the raisins.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, pat top to avoid any air bubbles. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Let cake stand for one hour before turning out of pan.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 229 cal
- 12.9 g
- 22.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"I added 1 cup of suger to the recipe and shifted suger and cinnamon on top when it was done baking and it was very good. My two year old granddaughter loved it, Thanks...." See more"
"Good cake/rice pudding! I don't think cake is a good title for this but either way it's quite yummy. I was concerned that there was no sugar but I figured the submitter left it out on purpose. Base..." See mored on other reviews, I decided to split the batch between 2 8x8 glass dishes. One batch was made exactly as instructed, the other had 1/3c sugar added to it. The sugar batch was sweet, the original was a little more mellow. The golden raisins gave so much sweetness it really makes up for the lack of sugar. Both ways taste great but next time I think I'll add maybe 1/2c sugar to the whole batch. The pic is of the original version, no sugar added. "
Polish Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Polish Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.