Lemon Custard Pudding Cake58 Reviews
“Delectable pudding-like cake. Lemony and tangy.” - by Mare
Original recipe yields 1 -2 quart cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 2 quart baking dish. Separate the eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter and 1 1/2 cups of the white sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the sugar mixture along with the milk and lemon zest. Mix well and add the lemon juice.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff, slowly adding the remaining 1/2 cup white sugar. Fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared dish.
- Place the dish in a shallow pan of hot water and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm of chilled with confectioners' sugar dusted on top.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 293 cal
- 9.7 g
- 49 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"A quick and easy and delicious cake for those of us who are crazy about lemon. This was a little sweet for our taste, so on our second attempt we cut the total sugar by half a cup, which gave us more ..." See moreof the tart, lemony tang we were looking for. Delicious!"
"this is a great recipe! it's easy and delicious!! however, i find that it's a still a tad too sweet even though i have reduced the sugar amount to 1 1/2 cups. and also, i find that the top browns kind..." See morea fast so i suggest that the pan to be covered loosely with a foil while baking."
Lemon Ice-Box Cake I
One Egg Lemon Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.