Raspberry Almond Cake3 Reviews
“A delectable almond raspberry cake with an unusual frosting. Raspberry fruit spread is slowly beaten into whipped cream. For an elegant look, try garnishing it with fresh raspberries.” - by Neris
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch round layer cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks. Blend in apple juice concentrate, melted butter or margarine, and almond extract. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to egg yolk mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped almonds.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites with cream or tartar with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter. Spread batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until cake is golden brown around the edges. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Turn cakes onto racks, and cool completely.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer at high speed until peaks form. Beat in fruit spread, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until thick and well blended.
- Brush liqueur evenly over cake layers, spread a dollop of the whipped cream mixture on the bottom layer and stack the other layer on top. Frost top and sides with whipped cream mixture; press slivered almonds around edge.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 403 cal
- 23.2 g
- 42.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I agree with the other reviewer. I had a horrible experience with this cake. It did not rise at all and was way too dense. I even tried it twice to no avail. Don't waste your time on this one!!!!..." See more"
"This cake turned out horribly. The batter was very thick. When baked, it didn't rise, it was heavy and had to be thrown out. The frosting was tasty though...." See more"
Glazed Almond Bundt Cake
Almond Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.