Chocolate Cheesecake II140 Reviews
“Chocolaty goodness in a cheesecake!” - by Diane Young
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 1/2 inch up the sides of the prepared 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- To Make Filling: In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup chocolate chips, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar until smooth. Add cocoa and beat well. Add eggs and beat on low until just blended. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and reserved chocolate mixture until blended. Pour over crust. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- To Make Topping: In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla until just before boiling. Stir constantly and be careful not to boil over. Have 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips ready in a small bowl. Pour in the hot cream and stir with a spoon until smooth. Spread over baked cheesecake and refrigerate overnight.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 540 cal
- 37.9 g
- 47.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (140)Rate This Recipe
"I was desperately wanting to make a "homemade" cheesecake...chocolate nonetheless and was suprised when I saw this one. It's exactly like the one in an old Taste of Home issue. It actually ranked as..." See more a runner-up in their cheesecake contest so I decided to give it a try. The only alteration I made was to use crushed oreo cookies in place of the wafer crumbs because I didn't have any. Needless to say, this turned out beautifully...and it being my first real cheesecake, I was very proud of myself. Thanks for posting this Diane."
"Great cheesecake! I would cut the topping in half though - it was too thick and weighed down the cheesecake - made it sink. I'd definitely make it again though. Thanks for the recipe!..." See more"
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake I
Orange Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.