Oklahoma Brisket77 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 4 hr
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“This is absolutely fabulous and so easy. Brisket that isn't dried out can be so good. The bar-b-que sauce is also wonderful and can be used for other meat dishes.” - by Susan
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Season the brisket all over with seasoned salt, and place in a roasting pan. Pour the apple juice over it, and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast the brisket for 3 hours in the preheated oven. Don't peek.
- Prepare a grill for low heat. In a small bowl, stir together the honey and soy sauce, and season with seasoned salt.
- When the roast comes out of the oven, place it on the preheated grill. Grill for 30 minutes, turning frequently and basting with the honey sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat, make a barbeque sauce by combining the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Cook and stir over low heat for 15 minutes without allowing the sauce to boil. If you boil the sauce, it becomes very vinegary.
- Let the brisket rest for about 10 minutes after it comes off the grill. Slice and serve with the barbeque sauce.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 615 cal
- 39.2 g
- 35.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (77)Rate This Recipe
"This is an excellent recipe. The meat was juicy, and delicious. I would suggest cooking the brisket with fat side up, since the recipe didn't indicate. I also added some bourbon to the glaze which gav..." See moree it a bold flavor. If you follow this recipe and pay attention to detail you should have no problem creating a delicious meal for your family or friends. I'd recommend this recipe to anyone. Thanks - Kevin from Dallas, Tx."
"superb!followed to the mark,except the bar bq sauce didnt make,but the honey/soy sauce glaze scrumptous,and brisket out of the oven so tender and moist pushe a finger down on it and it fell apart.than..." See morex for a good recipe susan,will cook many more times."
Oven Barbecued Beef Brisket I
Just swipe to see more like this.