Strawberry Refrigerator Cake104 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 5 hr 20 min
“Delicious cool summer dessert. Just as good in the winter. Allow it to chill at least 4 hours before serving.” - by Deborah Westbrook
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Allow cake to cool on wire rack.
- Poke holes on top of cake. Puree thawed strawberries with juice in a blender or food processor and spoon over top of baked cake.
- To Make Topping: Prepare pudding mix as directed on package using one cup of milk. Fold whipped topping into pudding mixture and spread over cake. Arrange strawberries on top of cake, if desired.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 4 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 373 cal
- 13.9 g
- 60.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (104)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe! A couple hints: Add about 1/2 tbs. cornstarch to the milk before you add it to the pudding. Will make the frosting thicker. Also, when icing the cake, apply a thin coate of icing first -..." See more- that will cover some of the red puree. Then use a different utensil to spread large dollops of it over the thin coat. Voila, smooth icing with no red streaks."
"I used one 16 oz bag of frozen strawberries and cooked them for a few minutes on the stove with 1/4 cup of sugar and a tsp of vanilla. It really helps because they aren't always sweet. To this, I adde..." See mored a handful of sliced fresh strawberries & pureed it. To the puree, I added a couple big handfuls more of sliced fresh strawberries that were cut smaller. I used a wooden spoon handle to poke larger holes in the cake & slowly spooned the puree over as soon as the cake came out of the oven. Some of the berries went in the holes & some stayed on top of the cake. Chilled the cake in the fridge for about 45 mins. Instead of folding the pudding & the whipped cream together, I put them on as separate layers. I used a cheesecake pudding & prepared it with 1 1/2 cups of milk. I prepared it in a bowl that has a pouring edge so that I could just pour it straight from the bowl over the top of the cake. Chilled again for 10 mins. Then, instead of cool whip, I used 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with 1/3 cup of sugar until stiff. Spread over the pudding layer. Chilled in the fridge for about 3 hrs before we cut it & it was totally set up & fabulous. This is a terrific cake! I made this one as a 'test run' to see if I'd want to take one over to my son's school this week for their Teacher Appreciation luncheon & this is definitely the cake that I am making. FIVE STARS ALL THE WAY!!!!!"
Rhubarb Strawberry Cake
Strawberry Dream Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.