Asparagus and Mushroom Puff Pastry Pie63 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A delicious pie with asparagus, mushrooms, garlic and hollandaise sauce baked in puff pastry.” - by DMEIER1
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus, and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until the mushrooms are tender. Set aside.
- Prepare the hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Stir into the asparagus and mushrooms.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry out flat in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish, letting any extra dough go up the sides. Spread the asparagus mixture evenly over the dough. Top with the other sheet of pastry, and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until pastry is golden brown. Cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 558 cal
- 43.9 g
- 34.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (63)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is truly delicious and a hit at the potluck I brought it to! It was fairly expensive to make though as asparagus is about $5/bunch where I live right now. I have a few suggestions to ad..." See mored to the recipe. 1. Oil baking pan well before putting puff pastry in. 2. Cut venting holes or slits in the top layer of puff pastry 3. Ten minutes was too long to cook the asparagus. I sliced my mushrooms to around 1/4" thick. Next time I make this I will fry the asparagus and mushrooms in butter together no more than 5 - 7 minutes. They have further cooking time in the oven and soggy asparagus is kind of gross. 4. Go ahead and use all of the prepared Hollandaise sauce (just shy of 2 cups). 5. Brush the top layer of puff pastry with a beaten egg before baking to give a nice glazed appearance to the finished product."
"Very Good recipe! For those of you who are a little more health conscious, like myself, an alternative to frying the asparagus in butter would be to blanch them quickly just until tender or steam them..." See more for 5-7 minutes. The mushrooms still need to be sautéd, but I used about 2 Tbsp (I realise this may not seem like enough, but because mushrooms give off so much liquid 2 Tbsp is all you need) of olive oil to make it healthier. Getting rid of that butter should knock off at LEAST 100 calories."
"Yummy! And very elegant! As suggested, I used the whole pkg of hollandaise. I also used the full amount of asparagus. A few tips: 1)Use an egg slicer to slice the mushrooms. They slice easily and ..." See moreare uniform that way. And 2)My puff pastry sheets were square, not long enough to cover my pan, so for the top layer, I cut into 9 strips and layed them criss-cross in a lattice design on top. It turned out great, thanks!"
Fresh Asparagus Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.