Caramel Apple Cake26 Reviews
“A hit for all ages. Delicious in every way.” - by Glenda
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch round cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a 9 inch pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Arrange twelve pecan halves, then the apple wedges (as you would for a pineapple upside-down cake. Chop remaining pecans and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in water. Add flour mixture and combine. Add nuts and combine.
- Spread batter evenly over apples and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes, then invert onto plate.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 344 cal
- 18.2 g
- 44.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"A good cake that's not overly sweet. I did make my batter a little differently though. Milk instead of water, baking powder in lieu of soda, two eggs, vanilla extract and more apples. I placed my suga..." See morer, cinnamon and butter mixture into a sauce pan and stirring constantly, I brought it to a boil. I then proceeded with the rest of the recipe. This cake is not only yummy for dessert, but it also makes a nice breakfast. Thanks Glenda!"
"I would give this a 5 star rating except I had the same problem with it that my fellow bakers had....It was not done after specified time. I baked mine for 50 minutes and it turned out perfect. I real..." See morely needed this cake to turn out good because I made another apple cake off of this site and it was horrid. So that was my husbands first impression of apple cake. once this was ready to eat he loved it, I loved it. I have made this twice. Just make sure you let it cool long enough before turning it over or the apples will stick to the bottom of the pan. Other than the cook time this was a fabulous recipe."
Apple Harvest Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze
Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.