Scallops Provencale24 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Fresh tomatoes, herbs, and a touch of wine combine to make a light yet distinctive sauce for sauteed sea scallops with tiny shrimp. This quick-to-prepare main dish has an agreeable lightness, accompanied by buttered new potatoes and fresh green beans.” - by Sean
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Without crowding, lightly brown scallops in batches. Remove scallops to individual casseroles or lightly buttered baking shells.
- Stir onion and mushrooms into the skillet, and cook until the onion is soft and begins to brown. Stir in garlic, tomatoes, wine, ketchup, salt, tarragon, rosemary, and white pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover, and cook until thick, about 3 minutes. Mix in shrimp and vinegar.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spoon sauce evenly over scallops.
- Bake in a preheated oven until sauce bubbles and begins to brown at the edges, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle parsley over tops, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 117 cal
- 3.7 g
- 5.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"My husband called this one of my best recipes yet! I made a few changes: Substituted 1/4 cup Italian dressing for the wine; substituted 2 tbsp tomato paste and 1/4 cup water for the ketchup; skipped t..." See morehe tarragon and vinegar. I served it over spaghetti, and it is definitely a family favorite!"
Marinated Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Broiled Scallops with Chanterelles
Just swipe to see more like this.