Raw Apple Cake76 Reviews
“The best apple cake you have ever tasted. If desired, add 1/2 cup nuts and 1/2 cup raisins.” - by Stephanie Conley
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Chop apples finely and place into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and oil together and pour over apples. Let stand while mixing the dry ingredients.
- in a medium bowl, mix sugar, flour, 1 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda. Fold into apples, eggs and oil and mix well. Batter will be thick.
- Pour into prepared 9x13 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Once cool frost with Cream Cheese Icing.
- To Make Cream Cheese Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, milk, vanilla and pinch of salt. Gradually add sugar, beating until frosting is smooth. Add additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting is desired consistency.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 268 cal
- 10.7 g
- 41.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (76)Rate This Recipe
"My grandmother made this cake for us grandchildren for many many years, but the REAL recipe is made with 2 cubes of butter not OIL, everything else is the same. It is not greasy...." See more"
"This cake is very good. Used 1/2 cup less sugar in the cake, and 1 cup less sugar in the frosting, as I find with too much sugar you can't taste the food as well. Also works well subbing applesauce ..." See morefor half the oil, and using half whole wheat flour."
"This recipe is "the Best". I read others reviews and expected the batter to be thick, but not soooo thick. It was more like a crumble mixture, and I literally had to press it into the pan with my han..." See mored. But, to my surprise, it was fantastic! Everyone loved it, as it was quite different with a very cruchy crust and soft and almost toffee like middle. Forget the frosting, it doesn't need it. Lovely cold but extra special served warm as a desert, with whipped cream and dusted with powdered sugar."
Apple Cake IV
Raw Apple Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.