Greek Sausage: Sheftalia6 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Nice change to eat at a barbecue. Crispy seasoned sausages with a nice flavor. Eat in a pita with chopped tomato, parsley, onion, cucumber, and tahini. Add plenty of lemon. Yummy” - by GRACE
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground pork, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Fill a bowl with warm water, and add the vinegar. Dip the caul fat into the water, and keep submerged for 1 minute to wash. Rinse in cold water. Carefully open up the caul fat on a clean work surface, and cut into 4 inch (10 cm) squares.
- Place a small compressed handful of the sausage near the edge of one square. Fold the sides over, and roll up firmly. Repeat with remaining meat and fat until you have about 10 sausages.
- Prepare a charcoal grill for high heat. Place sausages onto skewers.
- Grill the sausages for 20 minutes, turning frequently until the outside is crispy and dark, and the inside is no longer pink.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 1070 cal
- 103.4 g
- 5.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"What is caul fat and where can I find it? What would be a good substitution? Used pork fat. :)..." See more"
"Caul fat is the fatty membrane which surrounds internal organs of some animals, such as cows, sheep, and pigs, also known as the greater omentum. It is often used as a natural sausage casing and to en..." See morecase fegatelli (Italian), faggots (English), or pâté (French). Caul fat is also known as Lace Fat."
Italian Style Sausage
Just swipe to see more like this.