One - Two - Three - Four Cake II28 Reviews
“This is a very old recipe. It uses basic items found in most any pantry.” - by Janice
Original recipe yields 3 - 9 inch round pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup of the sugar. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks well, then add to butter mixture.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Add alternately with the milk to the butter-sugar mixture. Beat well. Add vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Add 1 cup sugar to the egg whites. Fold into cake batter.
- Divide evenly into three prepared 9 inch round pans. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 143 cal
- 5.8 g
- 20.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"mmmm... this is a wonderful cake, & one of my new favorites, I put chocolate icing on mine, and also used baking soda instead of baking powder because I ran out but don't think that made too much of..." See more a difference. You must try this cake now it's so great! And it's fun to make too, with an electric mixer it barely takes any time, and it looks beautiful when finished and came out of the pans perfectly too. & 1 more thing, you only have to bake it for 25 min. so it's quite quick. yum!"
"Excellent white cake recipe! After eating this, you'll never want to make another box cake mix again. I'm a novice cake baker and this was very easy to put together and very well worth it...." See more"
"I really liked this recipe for a classic yellow cake. I let my ingredients come up to room temperature before I started mixing. Next time, I might add an additional egg yolk just for a deeper yellow c..." See moreolor. I used two 8-inch cake pans, so I needed to increase the baking time since I had more batter per pan. I started testing the cakes at 25 minutes, and they took about 35-40 minutes. The cake wasn't too dry for me, but next time I may use a soaking syrup for just a little added moistness."
Burnt Sugar Cake II
Marble Swirl Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.