Applesauce Cake III32 Reviews
“This was in my mom's recipe book that I inherited.” - by sharon
Original recipe yields 1 fluted tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add applesauce and molasses and mix in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and beat well to moisten. Fold in the raisins.
- Pour into a prepared fluted or straight sided tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean. Cake will not rise to top of pan. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 236 cal
- 7.6 g
- 41.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was quick and easy. I tried it out on my coworkers and they all have to have the recipe! I have made it 3 times in one week and it is quickly becoming famous. I do recommend using 1/4 t..." See moreeaspoon cloves instead of 1 teaspoon. Also, I didn't need to cook as long as the recipe said. This recipe also works great witht he KitchenAide stand mixer."
"This cake is quite good but I just can't leave anything without putting my mark on it I plumped raisins by soaking them in fresh orang juice and of course increased the the spices. But still very good..." See more"
"I didn't have a flute pan so I put the batter into a muffin pan (with paper liners) and baked for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F. They came out perfectly - moist and delicious! The batter doesn't rise ..." See morevery much so they don't have the big muffin tops some people like, but they are still wonderful. The recipe yielded 17 muffins and my boyfriend ate about 4 as soon as they came out of the oven!!"
Applesauce Cake IV
Applesauce Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.