Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake87 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“A tasty sour cream coffee cake with a streak of chocolate chips in the middle.” - by Kerrilyn Blood
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup of sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and combine. Batter will be thick.
- In a separate bowl, combine chocolate chips, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Spread half of the cake batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chip mixture over the batter. Repeat with the remaining batter, and then the remaining chocolate chip mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 381 cal
- 17 g
- 54.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (87)Rate This Recipe
"this was great. easy to make. i took the advise of another reviewer and added applesauce (about1/2 cup) since some said it was too dry. mine came out really moist. i also substituted brown sugar for..." See more the white sugar for the topping and mini chips. we will definitely make this over and over. has to cook a lot longer too."
"I have made this cake twice now and they keep comin' back for more. And both times, I took the advice of other reviewers and added the half a cup of apple sauce, which makes the cake lovely and moist..." See more. I also divided the topping and swirled half of the mixture through the batter and the other half I put on top. This is definitely a keeper!!"
"This coffee cake was a big hit with kids and adults. I substituted dark brown sugar for the white sugar in the chocolate mixture and it was very good. I pressed down the topping before I baked (base..." See mored on other reviewer's feedback) and that helped it adhere to the crust. For the second layer of batter, I dropped it in teaspoons and then spread it. The cake itself is not too sweet and the cinnamon/chocolate combo was great. Will definitely make again."
Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
German Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.