Earthquake Cake II49 Reviews
“This cake is very rich. It's one of our favorites.” - by DARLENEL
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease the bottom and sides of one 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Layer coconut and pecans in the bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and pour over pecans and coconut.
- Combine cream cheese, butter or margarine, vanilla and confectioners sugar and beat until smooth. Pour over cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Toothpick will not come out clean.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 274 cal
- 12.5 g
- 39.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
"I love this cake. After making it a few times I baked it about 60 minutes and I would suggest when putting the cream cheese layer on the cake you should keep it at least 1" from the sides of the pan s..." See moreo it doesn't pour over the sides. I also melted the butter and softened the cream cheese. I also like to use Devils Food Cake. I have not seen anyone that didn't like this cake."
"I had my husbands family over and had made this cake in the past with a recipe I had. When I could not find it I looked for it on this site. The cake filling would not get done for me. Family still..." See more ate it more like a pudding and said it was good. I found my recipe and discovered that the difference was that mine said to melt the butter I wondered how I was supposed to pour over. I will go back to mine - much better version - also no cake cooks in 30 minutes - I think I was going on 60 when I gave up"
"Gramma brought this recipe back from Missouri 35ish years ago. The only difference is that her version said to melt together the butter and cream cheese and stir in the powdered sugar. Works well that..." See more way. I also up the baking time from this recipe to close to an hour."
Neiman Marcus Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.