Pecan Pie Cake I58 Reviews
“A very rich and moist cake. Can be made with any flavored cake mix, but we like the butter pecan.” - by Cathy
Original recipe yields 1 - 10x15 inch cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Reserve 3/4 cup cake mix for second layer. Set aside.
- For the first layer: In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup margarine or butter, brown sugar, cake mix (minus 3/4 cup), water, pecans and 2 eggs. Mix well.
- Spread batter into pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- For the second layer: In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 2 eggs, milk, sugar, corn syrup and reserved 3/4 cup cake mix. Mix well and pour over first layer.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), for 25 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 405 cal
- 20.1 g
- 56.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"This was a hit at a book study of ladies. Severely decadent. It's a keeper in my book. Next time though I think I'll make it in a 9x13 pan instead of the 10x15, to make it just a little thicker...." See more"
"I made this for a dinner party and it was wonderful. I couldn't rate it a 5 star kid's love it, kids would prefer something less nutty I think, but it's great. Don't panic when you pour the second l..." See moreayer on top, it sinks into the first and disappears. I had to use a 9x12 pan so I cooked it a little longer than this called for. It came out fine. Try it, it's a keeper!"
Amazing Pecan Coffee Cake
Toasted Butter Pecan Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.