Banana Chocolate Chip Cake210 Reviews
“Delightful banana cake with chocolate chips.” - by Debbie Menges
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg, melted butter and milk.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until blended. Be careful not to over mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. (It will have some melted chocolate, but no crumbs.)
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 122 cal
- 5.8 g
- 17.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (210)Rate This Recipe
"Okay, so I made some changes after reading all the other reviews, and with these changes, this cake is amazing!!! Here are the changes I made: 1 cup white sugar, 2 large bananas, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cu..." See morep chocolate chips, 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, used baking SODA instead of baking powder, and sprinkled powdered sugar on top after it cooled. Baked at 350 for 40 minutes in an 8x8 pan. Everything else was the same as the original recipe. The cake came out super moist, thick (not thin), and tasted delicious. I will definitely be making this again!!"
"I did not read the reviews before I made this, so my "cake" did turn out a little thin, HOWEVER, this is a really good, quick dessert. I was invited for dinner and wanted to bring something. Everyon..." See moree seemed to like this. Changes I made: I used two large bananas, which equaled about 1 1/2 -2 cups mashed bananas. I used one full cup of sugar because usually banana bread isn't sweet enough. I added about one teaspoon of vanilla. I also used about two handfuls of milk chocolate chips. I don't like the semi-sweet. I had no complaints and the chips really gave a good twist to regular banana bread. With the additions, it was plenty sweet and very, very moist. I had to bake it the full 35 minutes, almost 40 minutes, due to the additions. As a rule, I always set my timer about ten minutes early because you never know about your particular oven."
Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.