Incredible Potato Casserole45 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This recipe has been in the family for years and is always a huge hit. The potatoes can be substituted for frozen hash browns making it really easy to prepare and still tastes great.” - by Jharmon40
Original recipe yields 8 Servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Place whole potatoes in their skins into a large pot of boiling water; cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove potatoes, and discard water. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes, and grate into a medium bowl.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in soup; cook until soup begins to bubble. Remove from stove, and mix in sour cream, green onion, and cheese. Stir in potatoes. Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- In a resealable bag, shake together the cornflake crumbs and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake in a preheated oven 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 462 cal
- 30.1 g
- 38.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"I made this to accompany our Easter ham this year. It was SO very flavorful, and received compliments from all diners. I prepared the casserole through Step 3 the day before, and refrigerated it ove..." See morernight. Immediately before baking the next day, I added the crumb topping (I also added 10 minutes to the baking time, because it had been in the refrigerator). I took the suggestion of another reviewer for adding even more flavor, and sautéed a bit of (sweet) yellow onion in the butter until translucent, before adding the soup. I used the grating disk and feeding tube of my food processor to grate the cooked and peeled potatoes with speed. To conclude: the end result was a VERY creamy casserole. I do believe that when I make it again, I will make it with 6 LARGE potatoes, so that the consistency will be firmer and more potato-y."
"Family really enjoyed this dish. Instead of cornflakes I topped my casserole with more shredded cheese and buttered bread crumbs. Went great with our fried chicken. Thanks!..." See more"
Potato Casserole II
Beef Potato House Pie Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.