Zucchini Chocolate Orange Cake83 Reviews
“Very moist and different.” - by AHUSIOW
Original recipe yields 1 Bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla and milk to the butter mixture. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Fold in zucchini, orange zest and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool, then drizzle with glaze.
- To make the glaze: In a small bowl mix together sugar, orange juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Invert cake onto serving dish, then pour glaze over.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 481 cal
- 20.1 g
- 71.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (83)Rate This Recipe
"I wasn't sure how my husband would like this cake - not usually his kind of thing - but he LOVED it. I was pleased with how moist it turned out and I loved the hint of orange flavor. The only substi..." See moretutions I made were: applesauce for 2/3 of the butter, and Splenda for 3/4 of the sugar - just to make it a bit lower in calories. This is a wonderful cake - thanks for the recipe!"
"I never liked zucchini in anything until I tried this cake. It was moist, succulent, rich, and just downright decadent. I had two pieces of this right out of the oven and I could only finish part of t..." See morehem. After my brother lost his homecoming game last night in a miserable defeat, a slice of this phenomenal cake cheered him right up. This is a SPENDIFFEROUS recipe and I'm never trying another for zucchini cake again. Thanks for sharing Ani!"
Chocolate Zucchini Cake III
Dark Chocolate Orange Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.