Oma's German Marble Cake26 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Easy to make, grandma's German marble cake is a family favorite” - by WALTERA
Original recipe yields 1 (10-inch) tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar. Beat in egg yolks. Continue beating for 10 minutes.
- Gradually stir in flour, alternating with splashes of milk, until all of the flour and milk are mixed in. Stir in baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Reserve 1/4 of the batter, and pour the rest into a greased, floured tube pan.
- Mix cocoa into the remaining 1/4 of the batter. Then turn into tube pan, and fold under with a fork to produce a marbled appearance.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 282 cal
- 12 g
- 39.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"Very yummy! Not dry at all. I changed a few things. I lessened the flour to 3 cups, added 1 tsp. vanilla and added 1 more tbsp. baking cocoa. I didn't mix it for 10 minutes, I just watched until it tu..." See morerned lighter coloured. I used a bundt pan, greased and floured it. Baked it for 50 minutes. No problem coming out of the pan. Added a dusting of powdered sugar. Very similar to my mom's but this one wasn't dry :) Absolutely will make again."
"The cake from this recipe is dry,not so sweet and I can taste the eggs,(Yuck) perhaps if it had other ingredients like chocolate chips, something sweet, or even a glaze over the top to liven it up som..." See moree, this recipe might be a bit better. As another reviewer mentioned,I also had a VERY hard time getting it out of my pan."
German Chocolate Sauerkraut Cake
Marble Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.