Ohio Meat Pie6 Reviews
“My mom used to make this comfort stew for us when we were kids - always loved it!” - by MSKYEWOLF
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Crumble in the ground beef, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off grease, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, and raisins, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the beans and corn, remove from the heat, and pour into a casserole dish. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour using a fork until smooth. Cook for a few minutes, then gradually whisk in the milk and egg yolks so that no lumps form. Bring to a gentle simmer, then stir in the cheese, and remove from the heat. Pour over the meat and vegetables in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sauce is thick and bubbly, and everything is heated through.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 866 cal
- 49.6 g
- 64.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"My husband and yound son loved this stuff, ok, I have to admit, I noticed it because my hubby is from Ohio, and I liked the name. I changed it up a little, used Ranch Style Beans instead of baked bean..." See mores, and left out the raisins. It was very different and YUMMY!!"
"This was super tasty and very easy to make. I would say it has about 8-10 servings and I had to use my lasagna pan to cook it in. It reminded me of sheppards pie without the potatoes. I didn't have ..." See moreenough zuccini so I peeled and diced an eggplant and added that. Still tuned out good."
Meat Pie (Tourtiere)
Meat Loaf Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.