Carrot Cake with Butter Sauce4 Reviews
“This recipe I found 23 years ago right after I first got married, it has been used many times.” - by Cindy Carnes
Original recipe yields 1 - 8x8 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and 1/2 cup margarine. Add eggs and mix in. Add shredded carrots, raisins and orange juice.
- Stir in flour mixture, and beat until well combined. Pour into ungreased 8x8 inch pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Butter sauce: In a saucepan over low heat, combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine, sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Cook and stir. When mixture comes to a boil, continue to boil for 1 minute. Serve warm over carrot cake squares (can be reheated in microwave).
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 349 cal
- 19.7 g
- 40.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Disappointed with the final result. Cake bland, not sweet enough. Definately needed the sauce but it tasted like sweet butter water. Will not make again...." See more"
"Very GOOD!!! I heated the butter sauce each time before I served it, I ended up making about 10 of these in a month, everybody likes them...." See more"
"It was less like a carrot cake than a very good spice cake. I will make the cake again but may choose to use a more traditional cream cheese frosting. I was skeptical about the instructions regarding..." See more not greasing the baking pan but had absolutely NO problem getting the cake out of the glass baking dish. The butter sauce was a huge disappointment (hence the 4 out of 5 stars). The corn starch turned a creamy sauce into a gloppy, lumpy coagulated mess. Reheating did not thin it and it was SO unattractive on top of the otherwise delicious cake."
Mary Anne's Carrot Cake
Carrot Pineapple Cake III
Just swipe to see more like this.