Sticky Monkey Brains169 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“This gooey cinnamon pull apart recipe will impress everyone in your family! It is an easy (and I mean EASY), fast, and tasty modification of my boyfriend's grandmother's monkey brain recipe. I use 6 small Bundt pans instead of one big one so the cinnamon balls are more gooey :)Fun to make and even more fun to eat!” - by SUGISUGI
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 6 miniature Bundt pans.
- In a small bowl, stir together the white sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Use scissors or a knife to cut each of the biscuits into various sizes. Each one can be cut into anywhere from 2 to 5 pieces.
- Sprinkle about half of the pecans amongst the 6 prepared pans. Roll pieces of biscuit in the cinnamon-sugar, and place them into the pans, distributing evenly. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon-sugar over the dough balls.
- Mix together the brown sugar and melted butter. Stir in the remaining pecans. Distribute evenly over the pans of dough balls. For ease of getting in and out of the oven, place all of the pans on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the biscuits are toasted and cooked through. Remove from the oven, and invert individual pans onto serving plates while still hot.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 632 cal
- 36.3 g
- 70.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (169)Rate This Recipe
"This is a recipe I have used since I was a little girl with one exception we would roll the biscut balls in the butter first then the cinnamon and sugar mix before putting the balls into the pan. Afte..." See morer putting all the dough in then mix the remainder of the butter and cinnamon and sugar mix and pour it on top. This step only adds to the stickiness."
"This is a definite keeper! I had only been looking for an easy recipe that 2 seven year-olds could help me make and this fit the bill. Still, I was a bit skeptical about using the canned biscuits beca..." See moreuse that "canned biscuit flavor" usually comes through in anything you make with them. Not so with these! They were outstanding! Neither of the kids like nuts, so we didn't use them. I don't own a bundt pan of any size, so we we split 3 cans of biscuits (each biscuit cut into 6 pieces) between 2 round cake pans. To avoid cleaning burnt-on sugar off the pans, I lined them with foil, buttered the foil, and sprinkled the bottom and sides with cinnamon sugar before proceeding with the recipe. We shared them with company who popped by and not a sound could be heard while we all indulged in buttery, sugary bliss. Thanks for posting this. Love it!"
"This was really good - actually better than I expected. I used 1-1/2 cans jumbo "flaky" biscuits. I used a full-size bundt pan for this and baked it for 35-40 minutes. The biscuits were perfectly done..." See more. My only complaint was that my brains weren't stickier. Next time I'll add 50% more of the brown sugar/butter mixture. Thanks so much for the recipe!"
Monkey Bread I
Monkey Bread III
Just swipe to see more like this.