Six Egg Pound Cake68 Reviews
“The best pound cake ever. Rises very high.” - by Diane Dippolito
Original recipe yields 1 tube or Bundt pan
- Grease and flour a tube or Bundt pan. Do not preheat oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well each time. add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into tube or Bundt pan.
- Place cake into cold oven, set the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 60 to 90 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Top with confectioners sugar or glaze.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 524 cal
- 26.1 g
- 66.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (68)Rate This Recipe
"What didn't burn on the floor of my oven was delicious. Overflow was unavoidable. It must be explained that this recipe should be mixed by hand since an electric mixer (in my case 5qt Kitchen Aid) wil..." See morel beat too much air into the batter as well as causing it to dry out in the oven. Very simple recipe."
"This was the first pound cake I ever made and it turned out beautifully! I halved the recipe though cause after reading the reviews it seems that you get 2 cakes from the full amount of batter. I got ..." See more1 perfect sized cake. The batter does rise quite a bit and the top seems to brown fast so I had to turn down the heat 3/4 way through cooking. It smelled wonderful in the oven, yum! The taste of the cake itself is not too sweet at all, in fact it's perfect and I was delighted by this because it leaves opportunity for many different types of toppings! I served up some slices with a dusting of confectioners' sugar and a generous drizzle of Sue's Hot Fudge Sauce (found on this site) and it was great! I think I'll add some whipped cream to the combination next time around. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"
"Excellent Recipe...mine was very moist and firm...the outside was just a little bit crusty and it turned out a beautiful light golden brown. It did take the full 90 minutes in my oven but I checked o..." See moren it from 60 minutes and on...I had taken notice of everyone who said that theirs overflowed....I put a cookie sheet on a shelf below and lined it with foil. There was some overflow but not a huge amount. When I inverted it was a very large pound cake. I did use 2 full teaspoons of Watkins double strength vanilla and the flavor was excellent. Loved this recipe...can't wait to try it with strawberries and whip cream.. Thanks"
Country Pound Cake
One Egg Lemon Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.