Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach Blue Cheese and Bacon308 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is a recipe I came up with while trying to use up some leftovers from another recipe. You can add more or less pepper depending on your taste. My family liked it hope you do to.” - by Judy
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Cook bacon until crisp. I prefer to use an indoor grill. Bacon can also be cooked in a skillet over medium-high heat, or the microwave at about 1 minute per slice. Drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the spinach and blue cheese. Crumble in the bacon, and stir to distribute.
- Lay the chicken breast halves out on a clean surface, and distribute the spinach mixture evenly onto the centers of them. Fold the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Stir together the flour, salt and pepper on a dinner plate. Roll the chicken in the flour to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly brown each piece of chicken on top and bottom. Remove to a lightly greased baking dish, and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear, and filling is hot.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 444 cal
- 27.4 g
- 7.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (308)Rate This Recipe
"Really delicious--if you like blue cheese. My husband calls this one a keeper. Instead of browning on the stove, I simply breaded these in breadcrumbs and crushed nuts and baked them. You can prepare ..." See moreseveral servings at once, freeze before baking, thaw and then bake at a later date. So I triple this recipe--not much more work, but we get three separate dinners out of it!"
What a Dish!
"You know, I was actually going to make up a recipe for spinach and blue cheese stuffed chicken breasts, but came here first to see if there was a reicpe for what I had in mind. This is almost it! Th..." See moreese are my changes: I only had fresh spinach so I wilted it in the micro (one-minute intervals...man that stuff shrinks!). Mixed it with blue cheese (for hubby, I did shredded mozzarella and a bit of light sour cream cause he dislikes blue cheese and I just had the mozz on hand). I then pounded my chicken breasts, spread the cheese mixture on one side and rolled it up, wrapping two whole, raw bacon slices around it. Didn't even need toothpicks. Pretty easy to prepare too (I prepared the cheese/spinach mixture ahead of time and put in in some tupperware in the fridge). I skipped the browning with flour and olive oil- as the bacon cooked in the oven it took care of that part. I loves this dish! Tasted hubby's and it was good, although not as good as mine, because I LOVE blue cheese!"
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Bacon
Just swipe to see more like this.