Apple Spice Dump Cake109 Reviews
“This cake was done on a whim trying to think of something other than the traditional dump cake to serve for Memorial Day. It turned out very good, especially with some vanilla ice cream.” - by Marcia L. Cainion
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
- Pour the cans of apple pie filling into a 9 x 13 inch rectangular pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sugar. Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
- Pour the dry box of cake mix over apples. Dot with butter and scatter nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to an hour, until cake is brown on top and bubbling on the sides. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 227 cal
- 11.8 g
- 30.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (109)Rate This Recipe
"This cake had a great taste,I omitted the nutmeg.The only complaint I have is it was just too sweet.I will make this again but I will use 1 can apple pie filling and 1 can cooked apples...." See more"
"This is similar to another recipe on this site which DOES use yellow cake mix -- go figure; wherever you read reviews, someone always likes it the other way! Anyway, I had used the OTHER recipe and s..." See moreubstituted spice cake mix and used 2 cans of apples (other recipe called for one but was DEFINITELY not enough). Actually, the other recipe turned into THIS recipe when I made it a second time, including the mix of spices. In addition, rather than using butter on the top, when the cake cooled I frosted it with Dulce de Leche (caramel) frosting and BOY, what that ever good! That cake disappeared in seconds! This cake is definitely for someone with a sweet tooth who likes fall/spice flavors and a wet cake rather than dry and fluffy. I thought it was awesome and would have eaten the whole cake myself if I could! It's absolutely one of the easiest cakes you can make, it comes out great, it tastes spectacular and also goes a long way. I can see making the chocolate version with canned cherry filling as suggested by another reviewer. Try this recipe -- you'll love it! And thanks for the submission!"
Apple Spice Cake
Pumpkin Dump Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.