Caramel Nougat Bar Cake9 Reviews
“Yummy and easy to make!” - by KLLOYD
Original recipe yields 1 Bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Melt caramel candy in a small saucepan or a microwave oven.
- Add 1/2 of the box of pudding to the cake mix, then prepare according to instructions on box. Pour 1/2 of the batter into a Bundt pan.
- Drizzle melted caramels over batter, then pour the remaining cake batter over the caramel.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean. Cool completely, then frost.
- To make the frosting: Beat milk chocolate frosting, cream cheese and remaining 1/2 of the pudding mix. Frost cake. Chill cake at least 1 hour and serve with a big glass of milk. Yummy!
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 588 cal
- 25.1 g
- 83 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Great tasting cake and wonderful icing (a total figure destroyer, though...) After seeing the comments about the caramels sticking to the pan bottom, I took one of the suggestions to use caramel ice c..." See moreream topping. When I turned out the cake onto the wire rack, however, it fell apart, while some of it stuck to the pan. The cake was way too moist. Any suggestions as to the reason why this happened? (the pan was well coated with a flour/oil baking spray). "
"I used carmel topping as everyone seemed to suggest. I also used D Hines cake mix. If I recall correctly, there's already pudding in the mix. Well, my cake didn't fall apart. It held very well. Nice f..." See moreorm. Except for the missing top!!!! I don't think I'd use the topping again. It all sank to the bottom of the pan (top of the cake). Maybe you have to use the tiniest amount of topping. But, then what's the point? I'm wondering if maybe cutting the carmels into tiny pieces and laying them on top of the batter before you put it in the oven. Or not add any carmel to the cake mix and just use carmel frosting instead of chocolate frosting, because you're adding chocolate pudding to the frosting anyways. I LOVE the frosting, and I am not a frosting person. But I'm going to try carmel frosting instead next time. "
Double Chocolate Brownie Cake
Caramel Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.