Apple Cake IV166 Reviews
“A great tasting, moist cake and a great way to use up extra apples” - by Ann
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) lightly grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 15 minutes on high speed with an electric mixer. Add oil and blend in.
- Add four mixture and mix well. Add vanilla. Fold in apples and nuts. Pour batter into 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, mix 4 teaspoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 248 cal
- 13.3 g
- 30.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (166)Rate This Recipe
"This is wonderful recipe...I cannot believe I tried all the other apple cake recipes didnt try this one!! It has a wonderful texture and flavour. Unlike the German Apple cake it does not get too moist..." See more to handle properly. Unlike Apple CakeV it doesnt need a topping that sometimes makes it soggy.Is much moister than the Jewish apple cakes. I have made it 3times in the past two days (once by scaling down the recipe to half and baking in a 8x8 pan) and its turned out perfect each time. Of course I did make a few changes based on what previous reviewers said. I used only 1-3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup oil and cut the 4tsps of cinnamon to 2tsp. The best part is its easy and quick. While the kids hold the hand mixie and whip up the eggs and sugar....the apples are peeled and sliced..and doesnt take too long after that. Thanks, Ann.....this is a winner!!"
"I LOVED this recipe!!! It was so good, better than I had imagined. I used more apples and mixed most into the batter, but then saved a lot to place neatly on top of the batter, completely covering t..." See morehe cake and then sprinking the sugar and cinnamon on top of that. It looked very nice and tasted amazing!"
"This cake was easy and delicious. After reading all the reviews I was certainly torn; sweet apple vs tart apple, nuts vs no nuts, 2 cups sugar vs less sugar, frosting vs no frosting. What's a girl to ..." See moredo? Well, this is so unlike me, but I followed the recipe exactly and it was just right. I used 5 large Granny Smith apples. I think a tart apple is the way to go. If you leave out the nuts, the cake is going to taste sweeter so you might want to adjust the sugar. And I can't imagine adding frosting to this cake, but to each his own. I served mine with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and got rave reviews from everyone. I will definitely be making this again and again."
German Apple Cake I
Apple Walnut Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.