Sausage Cake8 Reviews
“Delicious served with sausage ice cream!” - by LMDINCO
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch Bundt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan. Pour boiling water over raisins and let stand 5 minutes. Drain well and dry raisins with a cloth towel.
- In large bowl, combine sausage, brown sugar and white sugar. Stir until mixture is well blended. Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, ginger, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir baking soda into coffee.
- Add flour mixture and coffee alternately to sausage mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold raisins and walnuts into cake batter.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 9 inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 586 cal
- 22.8 g
- 87.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"This is not a joke. I searched & found 122 websites with this recipe. Apparently it is a breakfast food. Some people like a pancake wrapped around a sausage, or maple syrup flavored sausages. I gu..." See moreess this is along those lines. I don't know about that sausage ice cream though. Sounds really weird."
"ran across this recipe by accident, and just had to try it. Made as recipe as directed except per other recipes on the net I changed the spices a bit to 2t cinnamon, 1/2t allspice, 1/2t cloves. and 1..." See more/2t nutmeg. Brought it to work this morning for my coworkers to try. It really tastes like a spice cake, can't taste the sausage or the coffee in it, except it does have a different texture, maybe from the sausage. I drizzled the top with a glaze of powdered sugar, touch of milk and vanilla (per other internet recipes). Average review from work: 2 1/2 stars, most workers said it was "good" but not something they would beg me to make again. Hope this helps those of you that were skeptical. Also, baked at 350 degrees and was completely done in 1 hour not the stated 1 1/2 hours."
Zucchini Nut Cake
Overnight Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.