Potato Chocolate Torte1 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“Ground almonds, cinnamon, lemon zest, and mashed ('riced') potatoes are the key to this moist chocolate torte.” - by Marsha
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch springform
- To rice potatoes: place potatoes in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain potatoes, and cool slightly. Hold the ricer over a bowl and force the potatoes through the sieve until completely processed. You will need 1 cup riced potatoes for the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cloves and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add yolks, one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add 1 cup riced/mashed potatoes, heavy cream, ground almonds, grated chocolate, and lemon zest and mix well.
- Blend in flour mixture and mix until combined. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until medium-stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites until no streaks remain.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool, then frost with chocolate frosting.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 574 cal
- 31 g
- 68.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was okay. The directions don't say where to put the heavy whipping cream, so I just added it to the wet ingredients when I added the potatoes. I left out the almonds due to allergies. The batter ..." See moretasted slightly bland, so I added 1tsp salt and that helped immensely. The recipe made exactly 24 cupcakes, which baked beautifully. The flavor was nice, though weak. They were not as light as a typical cake, but not as dense as a pound cake or quick bread. Moist enough the first day, they got dry fairly quickly after that. I might make again, though I would use more zest and substitute oil for the butter to increase moisture."
Idahoan Potato Chocolate Cake Pops
Just swipe to see more like this.