Zucchini Chocolate Rum Cake11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Very moist zucchini cake with a nice aroma of rum.” - by Ani J. Husiow
Original recipe yields 1 Bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Stir in Zucchini and 1/3 cup rum.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with nuts, chocolate, cocoa, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture and milk into egg mixture until well blended.
- Spread Batter into 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto wire rack and cool completely. Drizzle with rum glaze.
- Rum Glaze: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar with 3 tablespoons rum. Mix until smooth.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 432 cal
- 18.2 g
- 62.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"We all loved this. I used 1/2 c rum in the cake because of the other reviews that said you could not taste it with the 1/3. We enjoyed it. I thought the glaze was going to be too strong when I first m..." See moreade it but it mellowed nicely overnight."
"The zucchini does make this a very moist cake. It is very tasty as chocolate cakes go. The rum in the cake itself is pretty much undetectible, but in the glaze it is overpowering. Next time I would..." See more skip the glaze and just dust with powdered sugar."
Chocolate Zucchini Cake III
Chocolate Swirl Zucchini Sheet Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.