Oatmeal Cake III46 Reviews
“A delicious, lightly spiced oatmeal cake with a coconut caramel nut topping.” - by Susan
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Pour boiling water over oats. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter, sugar, 1 cup brown sugar and eggs until fluffy. Add flour mixture and mix in. Add softened oats. Pour batter into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove cake from oven. Set oven temperature to broil.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Heat until melted, then add coconut and chopped nuts. Spread on warm cake.
- Place cake under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 264 cal
- 12.6 g
- 36.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"In my continuing search for an oatmeal cake "better than grandma made" I found this one. Rather than messing with broiling the topping, just combine the topping ingredients and spoon it randomly on to..." See morep of the uncooked cake batter. Bake at 325 for 40-50 minutes. Delicious and no chance of broiling accidents and topping cleanup messes."
"i accidently overbaked these because i left my oven at 400 but knew i had to get them out as soon as i smelled the flavor. i made exactly 22 cupcakes with these (pour water over the 2 empty slots) an..." See mored even though i overbaked them, they were fantastically moist. i will be making again! this time i'll remember to bake them at 350 for 25-30 mins"
Oatmeal Cake II
Banana Oatmeal Crumb Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.