Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake19 Reviews
“Chocolate Bundt cake with a coconut filling.” - by Marsha
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch Bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Make the filling. Beat 1 egg white in a small bowl until peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut, 1 tablespoon flour and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups flour , 1 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, salt and soda. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla, water, shortening, sour cream egg yolks and 3 egg whites. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into a 10 inch Bundt pan. Drop the filling by teaspoons around the top of the batter, avoiding the edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes , then turn out onto a wire rack to continue cooling. Top with Chocolate Glaze.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 366 cal
- 14.4 g
- 55.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"In response to those who said the cake was too dry. I have this same recipe in my files, except mine calls for 3/4 cup water. So maybe that is the problem, it just needs more water...." See more"
"Where did I go wrong? I made this for company and couldn't even serve it. It came out VERY dry. All the other ratings said it was so moist! When I was finished with the batter it seemed thick so I..." See more went back over the recipe and made sure I hadn't forgotten anything. That's when I started thinking that 1/4 cup liquid didn't seem like very much for a cake. Since I had not forgotten anything and the other reviews were so good I baked it anyway, but was very disappointed in the results. The batter was so thick the macaroon filling never dropped down into the cake batter."
White Chocolate Pound Cake
Chocolate Macaroon Tunnel Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.