Sweet Potato and Curried Red Lentil Pizza15 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This unusual yet tasty sweet and savory pizza is made with a curried red lentil sauce instead of tomato sauce, and then topped with a delicious mix of sweet potato, eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, onions, and spices. Try it with a thin whole-wheat crust.” - by FLAMINGOFLUFF
Original recipe yields 8 pieces
- Combine the lentils and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onions; cook until soft and slightly browned. Stir in eggplant and sweet potato. Pour in about 1/2 cup of liquid from canned tomatoes. Simmer until juices are absorbed.
- Stir in tomatoes, ginger, curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; simmer until sweet potato begins to soften, about 15 to 20 minutes. (If juices cook off before potatoes are fully cooked, stir in a small amount of water, and cover.)
- Place pizza crust on pizza pan. Spread the lentils evenly across the surface of the crust out to the edges. Spread sweet potato mixture evenly on top, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the edges are browned, about 10 to 13 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 314 cal
- 6.4 g
- 51.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"This made a delicious meal! However, I had issues with the recipe. First, it took the lentils 1 1/2 hours to cook. Second, the description says "red lentil sauce;" instead it's just a layer of lenti..." See morels. Also, it made way too much for one pizza crust. Ate with knife and fork and it was very messy. I would make this again, but the recipe is a bit misleading."
"I was looking up different ways to use up my lentils without resorting to soup again. This pizza is actually pretty tasty AFTER changing the recipe a bit. Lentils take twice as long to cook. I mixe..." See mored the lentils with the other stuff cause the layer seemed pointless. Also I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting TWO pizza crusts... way too much stuff for one."
Sweet Potato, Carrot, Apple, and Red Lentil Soup
Red Potato and Lentil Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.