Strawberries and Cream Cake201 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Makes an elegant presentation without too much fuss.” - by JJ
Original recipe yields 1 - 3 layer 9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, gelatin and butter until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Mix flour and baking powder, and beat alternately with the milk into the sugar mixture. Fold in 1 teaspoon vanilla and pureed strawberries. Divide equally into three 9 inch round cake pans.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pans, then remove from pans and cool completely.
- To make the filling: Beat whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla on high until stiff. Fill each layer with 1/3 of the whipped cream and 3/4 cup sliced strawberries.
- To make the frosting: Beat the margarine, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Spread over the sides of the cake, and pipe an edge of frosting around the top of the cake.
- Spread remaining whipped cream on cake top. Top with quartered strawberries.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 867 cal
- 42.9 g
- 115.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (201)Rate This Recipe
"The cake is beautiful, moist, and delicious. The cream cheese frosting is used only for piping (perhaps with a star tip) around the top of the cake, outlining a pool for the whipped cream. My sugge..." See morestion is to halve the recipe for cream cheese frosting if you don't want lots of leftover frosting. It's a beautiful cake and if you're traveling with it, easy to take the plain layers with you, then add the berries and the whipped cream and assemble it when you arrive. Frosting comes in decorator tubes now so you could purchase that, attach a decorator tip, and then make the well for the whipped cream. Voila', easy and impressive cake!"
"I made this cake for some people I work with and it was a big hit. But instead of making it totally from scratch I used a yellow cake mix and substuited buttermilk for the milk and butter flavored cri..." See moresco for the butter. I also used only 1/2 cup of sugar. I also used a dash of almond extract in the cream and frosting. and used 16 ounces of cream cheese in the frosting with just a dash of buttermilk to lossen it up for pipeing. The cake was awesome."
"I baked this for my dad's birthday last weekend, and it was very good! One thing to note, the cake itself is pink, which was sort of funny at the birthday. The cake would be perfect for Mother's Day..." See more or a little girl's birthday. It's bright and very sweet. Put as many strawberries as you can into this--the strawberries offset its sweetness because they are tart and make for a well-balanced dessert. I didn't know exactly what the whipped cream was for... I put it around the outside, and it worked, but wasn't particularly necessary. The cream cheese frosting was divine, however."
Italian Creme Layer Cake
White Chocolate Cream Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.