Tunnel of Fudge Cake II22 Reviews
“A cake that needs no introduction, Ladies and Gentlemen, Tunnel of Fudge!” - by GrannySue
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch Bundt
- In medium pan, combine 1 1/2 c milk and pudding mix. cook as directed on package Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan or tube pan.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, butter and shortening. Beat till light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Add flour, 1/2 c cocoa, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup milk to bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Stir in walnuts.
- Reserve 2 cups of the batter. Pour remaining batter into greased and floured pan. Spoon filling in ring on top of batter, making sure it does not touch sides of pan. Spoon reserved batter over filling.
- Bake at 350 F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 1 hour in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine confectioners sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Add enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 659 cal
- 40.9 g
- 70.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"I was only going to give a so-so reveiw, but the cake tasted MUCH better the next day! Not that it was bad the first day, but you know what I mean! A couple of notes...don't use all of the milk for ..." See morethe glaze! WAY TOO MUCH! Start with just a couple of tbsp, and work your way up until you get a good drizzling consistancy. Also, I found it impossible to add the fudge filling without touching the sides of the pan...but it turned out fine. Just make sure that your pan is well greased and floured. Cake would also be good without the fudge filling. Nice and dense!"
"I have been searching for this recipe, my mother made it for my birthday every year... this year she passed on ... and I couldn't find the recipe in her r-box. Is A DEVINE Cake..." See more"
"This cake came out dark, rich and moist. The kids got into it when the pudding "tunnel" was still warm and they raved at how good it was. I followed the recipe exactly with spectacular results. The ca..." See moreke itself was much darker than in the photo with a delicious strong dark chocolate taste."
Tunnel of Fudge Cake I
Tunnel of Fudge Cake IV
Just swipe to see more like this.