Flank Steak Barbecue17 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“An excellent piece of meat with a great flavor.” - by Andrea
Original recipe yields 1 flank steak
- Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic powder, ground ginger, green onion, and vegetable oil in a bowl; pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the flank steak, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the flank steak from the marinade and shake off excess. Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and set aside.
- Cook the flank steak on the preheated grill until it begins to firm, and is reddish-pink and juicy in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Once cooked, cover the steak with several sheets of aluminum foil, and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- While the steak is resting, bring the marinade to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour the sauce over the sliced steak to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 382 cal
- 31.8 g
- 10.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"Great marinade! It's so simple and tastes so good! I used this for about a pound of sirloin that I cut into kabobs. I opted for fresh garlic, low sodium soy sauce and cut way back on the oil using a l..." See moreittle over 1/4 cup of olive oil. I poked the meat with a fork and put it into a ziploc bag and let it marinate overnight. I grilled it with red and green peppers, onions, and chery tomatoes. Great topped with sesame seeds and served with rice."
"pretty good... i would add some fresh garlic to the sauce to let it marinade in.. but over all tastes yummy!..." See more"
"This is a very tasty steak marinade. I did use fresh garlic and ginger, since I had some that needed to be used. The finished steak was tender and juicy. Don't skip the 10 minute rest (you may want to..." See more cover with foil to keep warm). And remember to cut flank steak thinly and against the grain. I will make this again!"
Easy BBQ Flank Steak with Chipotle Mayo
Marinated Flank Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.