Poppy Seed Bundt Cake I9 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Poppy seeds are soaked overnight, and then mixed into the batter of this 10 inch Bundt cake.” - by R0SALINDA
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), grease a 10 inch bundt pan. Mix together cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar. Sprinkle part of the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over greased pan. This will form a thin crust over the cake. Set aside the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Soak poppy seed in buttermilk for 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Cream butter and 1 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, salt and soda together. Add to butter mixture alternately with the poppy seed mixture. Blend well.
- Put the batter in the pan in layers, sprinkling the reserved cinnamon sugar mixture between each layer. If you spread your batter thin, you should get three layers of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set cake on rack to cool for one hour.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 410 cal
- 18.7 g
- 55.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent! Moist and dense, with a light tender crumb. The cinnamon flavour is very subtle. I used 2 3/4 cups of cake and pastry flour instead of all-purpose, increased the poppy seeds to 1/2 cup, ..." See moreand added 2 tablespoons of vanilla sugar to the buttermilk/poppy seed mixture. The cake tested done at 45 minutes. Should start checking at 40 minutes. Used a 12 cup bundt pan, and the cake, after cooling, was fairly deep. I added a vanilla glaze after the cake had cooled. A definite thumb's up from everyone who tried it."
"I received rave reviews about this cake at work. This was my first "from scratch" cake and it came out perfect! The title is deceiving though...look at the ingredients. While there are certainly po..." See moreppy seeds, there's much more flavor. The only catch to this cake is that when using a multi-patterned cake pan, it is hard to see the design for the dark cinnamon crust. I am making a version without the crust now to see if it works. (I will miss the crust though, it was sooo good.)"
"I loved this but like me I never follow anything exactly. I used 3/4 c. of poppy seeds and almond extract as well as vanilla and use just sugar to coat the pan not cinnamon sugar and no layers, I did ..." See moreit in mini loaf pans so I could portion control so I only baked them for 25 min. If they were smaller I could have done it in mini muffin tins 15 or 10 min. Thank You so much I have a favorite for sure."
Glazed Almond Bundt Cake
Moist Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.