Washington Apple Cake20 Reviews
“This recipe keeps well and freezes even better. My family and friends love it. Great for those parties when you need to take a dessert or just because you have a sweet tooth.” - by Alice
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 inch pan. Spread apples evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Beat eggs with mixer until thick and light. Combine sugar and oil and add to eggs.
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, soda and salt. Add to egg mixture and beat in. stir in nuts and vanilla. Batter will be very thick.
- Spread batter over apples in the pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool. Spread with Cream Cheese Icing.
- To make Cream Cheese Icing: Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 1/4 cup melted butter, then beat in confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 317 cal
- 17.5 g
- 38.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"I LOVE this recipe. I've made it many times. The first time I made it, I bought the ingredients to make the cream cheese topping and then decided not to. When the cake cooled, I just turned it out ..." See moreupsidedown on a platter and sprinkled it with confectioner's sugar instead. It was beautiful, delicious and LESS FATTENING."
"Both of my grandmothers use to make this cake when I was a child. One grandmother used vanilla and the other used lemon in the icing.This cake has always been a family favorite. Remember the batter is..." See more very thick before you put it in the pan so don't be alarmed."
Apple Cake IV
Amazing Apple Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.