Pineapple Upside-Down Cake V359 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Two layer pineapple upside down cake.” - by Donna
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 layer 9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the bottoms and sides of each 9 inch round cake pan with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Sprinkle the bottom of each pan with 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- In one of the pans, sprinkle coconut over the brown sugar. Lay pineapple rings in a single layer on top of coconut. Place a cherry in the center of each ring. In the other pan, spread the drained crushed pineapple.
- Mix the cake as directed on package, but substitute reserved pineapple juice in place of water. Divide batter between the 2 pans. Remember which pan has the pineapple rings in it.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 20 minutes.
- While the bottoms of the cake pans are still warm to the touch, invert the layer with the crushed pineapple out onto a serving dish, then gently invert the layer with the pineapple rings on top of it for a dazzling two layer pineapple upside down cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 322 cal
- 9.8 g
- 57.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (359)Rate This Recipe
"I've made this cake several times now, always to rave reviews. A few notes: - I've tried Pillsbury Moist Supreme Butter Recipe Yellow cake mix, and both Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden and Pineappl..." See moree cake mixes. The pineapple cake mix gave a stronger pineapple flavor (of course), but I got the best/moistest cake out of the Pillsbury mix. - I've had good luck with Land o Lakes Baking Butter...otherwise I use the ultra creamy variety. - **Try the coconut!** It doesn't taste like you think it will. It adds SO much to the flavor/look of the cake! - It's sometimes hard to gauge the baking time with this one...the toothpick test can be deceiving. Just keep an eye on it. - Another reviewer suggested this and I always do it because it WORKS...after layering the cakes, place the pan, upside-down, back onto the top layer. Remove it after about half an hour; this should take care of the cracking problem."
"This was excellent!! I used a 9 x 13 glass pan put the pineapples, brown sugar, cherries, and butter on the bottom a little bit of the cake mix and then the crushed pineapple and the rest of the cake ..." See moremix. I think it turned out awesome! Thanks alot"
"This would have been 5 star if I didnt tweek the 2nd time around. First off, Golden Butter Cake mix, instead of plain yellow changes this from being just ok, to incredible. The amount of liquid needed..." See more for Golden Butter is also the perfect amt. for what you get out of the pinapple cans. 2nd, the cooking time is way too long. I'd start checking this after 25 min, as over cooking is one of the main reasons it cracks/falls apart when taking out of the pans. I have yet to throw out any of the left-overs on this cake, as the whole thing ALWAYS gets eaten!"
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake VII
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake III
Just swipe to see more like this.