Elegant Pork Loin Roast71 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 3 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 30 min
“This recipe came from my mom. It takes little time since it requires basting, but the end result is worth it. Makes a truly elegant meal served with mashed red potatoes and a green vegetable.” - by JESHENBA
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place the roast in a shallow roasting pan. Mix together the mustard and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar; spread over the roast.
- Roast for 3 hours in the preheated oven, basting with 1/4 cup of apple juice every 30 minutes. Roast is done when the internal temperature reads 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- During the last hour the roast is cooking, combine the prunes, apricots, red wine, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup of the juices from the roasting pan, and cloves in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon the fruit around the roast in the roasting pan during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- When the roast is done, place it onto a serving platter and spoon the fruit around it. Remove 1/4 cup of the drippings from the roasting pan, and mix with the cornstarch. Stir into the pan of drippings, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring gently until thickened and no longer cloudy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a gravy boat or serving bowl.
- Slice the roast, and pass the sauce for guests to serve themselves.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 370 cal
- 9 g
- 41.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (71)Rate This Recipe
"I'm only writing for one reason, as this dish was amazing. I'm a personal chef and enjoy coming here for new ideas. On just about every pork roast recipe i've seen, instructions have said to cook unti..." See morel 160 degrees, give or take. this is a mistake..it's called carryover cooking. any piece of meat that large is going to continue to cook for 30 to 40 minutes, and continue cooking about 10 to 15 degrees. thanksgiving turkey ever seem dry?? pork does NOT need to be fully cooked, 155 at the most. "
"I cooked this in the crock pot. Added all ingredients (including fruit, wine, clove, brown sugar used in the sauce) and cooked for 8 hours on low. Thickened the sauce with cornstarch and water and ser..." See moreved with garlic mash potatoes. Excellent!"
Maple Baked Pork Loin Roast
Spicy Honey Mustard Pork Roast
Just swipe to see more like this.