Mazarin Cake I3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A delicious Swedish cake. It's a tender short dough crust with an almond paste filling.” - by Kate
Original recipe yields 1 - 8 inch springform pan
- Short dough: Cream butter and sugar, beat in salt then egg yolks, one at a time. Work flour in, wrap and chill 30 minutes.
- To make filling: Cream butter and beat in almond paste gradually. Add eggs, then beat until very smooth. Stir in lemon zest and flour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter the top and sides of an 8 inch springform pan.
- Roll chilled dough into a circle 11 or 12 inches in diameter. Press the pastry into the bottom and up the sides of the pan without stretching the dough. Trim any excess extending above top of pan. Pour filling into dough and spread evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool 15 minutes in pan then remove sides of pan. Cool to room temperature and sprinkle with confectioners sugar before serving.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 357 cal
- 26.8 g
- 24.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This was a delicious dessert! I made it exactly as stated in the recipe except I used 2 tsp. of sugar in the shortdough crust and I did not include the lemon zest in the almond paste filling. It loo..." See moreked really pretty on the plate dusted with powdered sugar. I think it needs the powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness. Two of my three kids loved it, and so did I. The texture was wonderful. It is not meant to be a traditional "cake", and the texture is smooth and creamy with the yummy crust beneath. The only thing I can think to improve this would be to use a tart pan instead of a springform pan (it would be prettier in presentation) and perhaps to top the filling with sliced almonds prior to baking. This woul give it a very pretty top and add some texture (if you like that) to the creamy filling."
"My Swedish grandmother-in-law made this recipe for St. Lucia and at Christmas, only she tinted the almond mixture green for some reason or another. This is definately a recipie you make 2 of. One to..." See more serve and one to feed your husband!"
"I was disappointed in this recipe. Although it had a nice almond flavour, the cake had an unusual texture, which was more like pumpkin pie. I suspect the cooking temperature and time were off. A simi..." See morelar recipe for this cake (Mazarin Cake II)had the temperature set for 400 F. I will not be making it again and suggest others look for a different recipe."
Mazarin Cake II
Bee Sting Cake (Bienenstich) II
Just swipe to see more like this.