Amaretto Cream Cake20 Reviews
“A very delicious and rich cake.” - by Rick Walker
Original recipe yields 2 layer 9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 round 9 inch pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, 1/4 cup amaretto and oil. Beat for 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour into 2 round 9 inch pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool completely. When cool, slice each layer in half horizontally, making 4 layers.
- Make apricot filling by combining drained apricots and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons amaretto in a blender. Process until smooth. Place bottom layer of cake on serving dish. Spread 1/3 of apricot filling on cake layer, then repeat with other layers. Frost with Amaretto Cheese Frosting.
- To make Amaretto Cheese Frosting: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 tablespoons amaretto until soft. Add confectioners sugar and beat until smooth. Frost top and sides of cake.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 333 cal
- 12.1 g
- 48.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"I have been making this recipe for over four years, and here are my suggestions and/or recipe changes: 1) Substitute three cans of Solo apricot filling for the apricots (will make layer filling much ..." See morethicker and tastier) 2) For cake mix, use Duncan Hines Butter Golden cake 3) Add two to three tablespoons of pure almond extract Enjoy!"
"I made this cake for my sister's birthday and everyone loved it! I did make a few changes though. I used Chambord (raspberry liqueur) instead of Amaretto, substituted canned raspberries for apricots..." See more, added some raspberry fruit spread to the filling to give it a thicker consistency, and topped the icing with some fresh raspberries. It was so delicious. Only thing I will do differently next time is cut the icing measurements in half- it made way too much icing for one cake!"
Italian Creme Layer Cake
Cookies 'n Cream Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.