Lazy Dazy Cake I51 Reviews
“Sponge cake with a brown sugar and coconut topping.” - by Romalda
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 4 minutes with electric mixer on high. Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture.
- In a sauce pan, bring 1 cup milk and 2 tablespoons butter to a boil. Add to batter and beat until combined.
- Pour batter into 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- To make the frosting: In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, coconut, 6 tablespoons butter and 4 tablespoons milk. Heat and stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Put cake in the oven under the broiler and bake 3 to 4 minutes, or until icing is light brown.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 204 cal
- 5.9 g
- 36 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (51)Rate This Recipe
"I added 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla ex along w/ a half cup finely shredded coconut to the batter. I also did not use egg yolk and instead egg whites which worked otu great! I find yolk is usually unnece..." See moressary anyhow. The glaze needs work because as is it's super runny like water and has no substance or stickability. Needs to harden once cooled and it doesn't at all. The glaze also needed somethign extra flavor wise so I added a couple tablespoons of rum, 1 table spoon vanilla ex, and 2 teaspoons coconut ex. The cakes texture came out very well. It also only needed to be cooked a half hour so I'm glad I was payign attention and didn't follow the recipes time for a whole hour! Casue the cake would had been ruined. At a half hour the top had a perfect golden brown color and was firm and moist. Will make again, but will modify as I already have to make it a better recipe."
"Oh my gosh! This cake is totally AWESOME!!! I made this just for fun but it turned out sooo yummy...great topping! My boyfriend loved it! You should definately try this recipe. If you are reading this..." See more, then good for you because its always smart to read reviews before baking anything. I'm glad i did. Remember: DO NOT bake this cake for more than 20-25 mins."
"Wow...what a great recipe. As suggested, I added a teaspoon of vanilla, and only baked the cake for 30 min at max. I used two 8" round pans lined with parchment paper, lightly greased and floured. ..." See moreAfter broiling, I let them cool and flipped the cakes out of the pans and made a two layer cake - very nice display! Tastes just like grandma used to make. I will use this recipe again. In fact, I think I'll use the batter recipe the next time I make pineapple upside-down cake. A real winner!"
Hot Milk Sponge Cake I
Four Egg Yellow Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.