Eggplant Rollatini121 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“After having eggplant rollatine at a restaurant, and it was absolutely delicious! I decided that I HAD to learn how to make it. Here is what I came up with.” - by RHONDA76FL
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Dip the eggplant slices in egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the eggplant on each side until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese onto each slice of eggplant. Place a slice of prosciutto onto each one. Roll up tightly, and place seam side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over the rolls, and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- While the eggplant rolls are baking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the angel hair pasta, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Drain. Serve eggplant rolls and sauce over pasta.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 987 cal
- 40.7 g
- 107.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (121)Rate This Recipe
"I didn't find this fast or easy as others said . I sweated the eggplant first . I also added roasted garlic and spinach to the ricotta mixture. It was fantastic. This is a great recipe that has alot o..." See moref room to add and play with."
"I've made this twice and really enjoy it. I made a lighter version the second time though. Instead of using a whole egg and frying it, I used a couple of eggwhites mixed with a little water. I dipped ..." See morethat in bread brumbs and put them under the broiler about 5 minutes per side on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. It takes no extra time really. I also used part skim ricotta. "
Artichoke Spinach Lasagna
Classico Eggplant Rollatini
Just swipe to see more like this.