White Chocolate Amaretto Cake99 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 30 min
“This white chocolate and almond delight will have your guests reeling. Although it looks intimidating, it is an easy and delicious holiday treat.” - by C. Goff
Original recipe yields 1 (10 inch) Bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 10 inch non-stick Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, 1/2 cup of cold water, oil, 1/2 cup amaretto and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Blend well for approximately 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven, and use an ice pick or skewer to make as many holes as possible into the cake. Apply glaze while cake is still warm. Slowly and patiently drizzle glaze over cake, including the edges and center of Bundt pan. Allow cake to cool in the pan for at least 2 hours.
- To make the glaze: Combine butter, sugar, 1/4 cup water, and 1/2 cup amaretto in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and continue to boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Topping: Lightly toast slivered almonds in the oven. This will take 5 to 10 minutes. Stir frequently and be careful not to burn. Heat 1/4 cup of the prepared frosting in the microwave for 10 seconds, to soften. Place the cake on serving dish and use a spoon to drizzle the softened frosting over the cake. Scatter toasted almonds over cake before frosting cools.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 681 cal
- 31 g
- 87.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (99)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for a ladies' luncheon. These ladies love desserts and really look forward to trying new ones. I personally thought it was just so-so, and this impression was confirmed by the comments it..." See more received, just polite "It was good" rather than profuse praise and recipe requests that a lot of desserts have been met with. No one went back for seconds, and not one of 8 ladies requested the recipe. Usually out of that group at least 1 or 2 like a dessert so much that they ask for the recipe. Won't make again."
"MOUTHWATERING!!! I make alot of recipes off of Allrecipes but only rate/review the ones that get 4 or 5 stars. Ya know "If you don't have something nice to say,don't say anything at all." Well, I have..." See more plenty of nice things to say about this one! DELICIOUS. I made it for a potluck today and, while there was alot of dessert there, not a crumb left of this cake. I will treasure it! Oh, and by the way, White Chocolate flavored pudding was not available at my store so I used Cheesecake flavor."
"I was going to make two of these for two separate get togethers. On the first one, I followed the directions, but the cake ended up so soggy with the glaze that it stuck to the pan and came out in pi..." See moreeces. Needless to say it was ruined. For the second one, I removed it from the pan before applying the glaze. It came out fine, and it had a great amaretto flavor. Overall, I don't think the cake was worth the effort, and I will not be making it again."
Easy Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
White Chocolate Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.