Bread in a Bag44 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Simple, delicious homemade bread! Great for kids who are anxious to help out with dinner. Simply 'squish' ingredients in a large resealable bag before lightly kneading and baking!” - by southernbelle
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- In a large resealable freezer bag, combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, yeast and warm water. Squeeze most of the air out of the bag, and seal. Squish with your hands until the well blended. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, or until bubbles appear.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, dry milk, oil and salt. Pour into the resealable bag and squeeze out most of the air. Seal, and squish until well blended. Add the last cup of flour to the bag, and continue mixing in the same manner until well blended.
- Remove the dough from the bag, and place on a floured surface. Knead for 5 to 8 minutes. Form into a small loaf, and place in a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan. Cover with a towel, and allow to rise for about 30 minutes, or until your finger leaves an impression when you poke the top of the loaf gently.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake the bread for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 197 cal
- 4.5 g
- 33.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"Easy recipe. Instead of baking bread I put balls of the dough into a greased pan let them raise and baked them for 20 minutes or so. They were great. Thank you for this recipe...." See more"
"Awesome bread! I tried it in the bread machine (normal bread cycle), and it came out fabulous. Wonderful texture. Makes more like 20 servings! (atleast in my opinion)..." See more"
Homemade Wonderful Bread
Habanero, Rosemary, and Cheddar Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.