Spinach Strudels17 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 18 min
- Ready In: 48 min
“These light, crispy phyllo pastry roll-ups are filled with spinach, breadcrumbs, and feta cheese. Best served warm out of oven.” - by SMITHS37
Original recipe yields 40 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Stir in green onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine spinach, dill, eggs, feta, salt and pepper. Add reserved green onions, and mix well.
- Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo pastry, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle lightly with breadcrumbs. Lay another sheet directly on top of the first sheet; repeat butter and breadcrumb steps. Continue to do this until you have 10 layers.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of spinach mixture (in a sausage-like shape) along longer edge of the top sheet. Roll it up, place on baking sheet, and brush lightly with butter. Score off 1-inch rounds by marking with a knife for easier cutting later. Repeat process with the remaining pastry sheets. You will have 4 rolls total when finished.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Cut into individual servings where you have marked. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 152 cal
- 10.1 g
- 12.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"Very good and impressive for not much work. I found phyllo hard to work with at first, but once you get the hang of it it's a breeze. However, 10 layers is a bit much, there's too much flaky and not e..." See morenough filling that way. I recommend doing 4."
"I made these for a Thanksgiving appetizer. The taste was wonderful. I don't think 10 sheets is necessary. I found that a little much. I would also recommend you go heavy on the butter after you roll t..." See morehem. They dried out a little after cooling and the top layer flaked off. A little time consuming but a nice result."
Spinach Muenster Quiche
Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups from PHILADELPHIA(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.