Chateaubriand con Vino Brodo16 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“A quick and tasty roast that uses the drippings for a wonderful sauce. Use extra sauce for roasted potatoes and veggies.” - by Rob Foote
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut 8 small slits in the roast. Insert garlic into slits.
- In a medium bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, basil, dill, rosemary, and thyme. Brush over roast. With a small spoon, press whole peppercorns into roast. Place roast onto a rack in a roasting pan, and pour water into bottom of pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 20 minutes for medium rare, 40 minutes for well done. Remove roast to a cutting board, and let sit 5 minutes.
- Pour drippings from roast into a small sauce pan set over low heat. Stir in mustard, chopped garlic, and butter. Cook until butter is completely melted, then add wine, and reduce by half. Spoon sauce over sliced roast.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 647 cal
- 51.8 g
- 7.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"Fablous and really easy! I adjusted this recipe to make a whole beef tenderloin for a dinner party of 12. Even tripling the recipe was still very easy to put this on the table. Served with boiled n..." See moreew red potatoes with garlic, caesar salad, burgandy wine and chocolate lava cakes for desert."
"This marinade was absolutely delicious, so was the sauce. I made some changes though. I did not roast the meat. I coated it with the oil, herbs, and stuffed it with garlic and let it marinate about 30..." See moremin. then I cut a couple small pieces off and set aside for the sauce. I then grilled the meat. The meat pieces and the extra marinade I put in the pot in place of the meat drippings and then added the other sauce ingredients and extra herbs. It was absolutely to die for. My husband said it was so good he's not sure why we bother going out to eat haha"
Beef Vino Puff
Easy Arroz con Gandules
Just swipe to see more like this.