Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers1795 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“You will never want to eat frozen veggie burgers again. These are so easy, and you'll be proud to have created such a vegetarian delight.” - by LAURENMU
Original recipe yields 4 patties
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 198 cal
- 3 g
- 33.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1795)Rate This Recipe
"I love these burgers. Let me tell you how to keep them from falling apart, though. First, you must rinse the black beans and dry them off before mashing them. Second, you must strain the onion, gar..." See morelic and pepper mixture through a fine strainer to remove any excess water. Third, if you add 50% more bread crumbs, it will hold much better. Also, I freeze mine and grill them frozen. Doing this has keep my burgers intact and my mouth happy! Also, I always follow the spice/hot sauce measurments pretty well, and I do not find it too spicy at all, and I find black pepper to be spicy! Hope this helps with the loose burger issue."
"Delicious and easy! I substituted red bell pepper for green and used rolled oats instead of bread crumbs. I reduced cumin to 1 tsp and used 2 eggs. Following the advice of others, I blended everyth..." See moreing in the food processor, beginning with onions, peppers, and garlic, then oats, then eggs and spices, beans last. I chilled the mixture, then rolled (more like poured -- think thick muffin batter) onto waxed paper. I froze the burgers. To grill, I oiled some foil that I folded over burger. Perfect! My 13 yr old vegetarian daughter liked it better than store bought (me too!)"
"One of the best dishes I made this month! You can substitute or add corn kernels to the burgers for more texture and flavor, but not necessary! Tastes very healthy since I baked them in the oven - no ..." See moreoil! This recipe made 4 good size patties. We ate them all up and I immediately made another batch to have for lunches. I made a chipotle mayo dressing which was exactly the touch it needed! (Some mayo and a dash of ranch dressing in a blender with two or three canned chipotle peppers to taste. GO EASY, they are extremely spicy.)"
Quinoa and Black Beans
Black Bean Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.